Saturday, April 16, 2005

Generous Review

A generous review by Joel Biroco on April 14 on this author really made my day. Joel Biroco is better known as Steve Marshall author of The Mandate of Heaven, an acknowledged Western scholar and expert in Yi studies. Marshall or Ma Xia is one expert whom I have the honour to discuss with, who astounds me with both his clarity and in-depth knowledge of the Yi and its related studies. Beginners or serious students alike will find his works in the Yijing Dao site valuable to their Yi studies. Yi students have also found his book The Mandate of Heaven excellent.

  • Review

  • Yijing Dao
  • 1 comment:

    Allan said...

    Note: The generous review by Joel Biroco aka Steve Marshall is no longer available in the Biroco blog since Steve had indicated earlier that he needed to clear up space in his blog. However the review has been saved and made available in my profile and is reproduced below:

    "I was pleased to see that Allan Lian has started a blog dedicated to the Zhouyi, Daoist Immortals, and suchlike. I first came across Allan discussing the Yijing in a web forum and found him one of the very few I have encountered who has a true age-old approach to it, which comes from reading with interest and knowing well such works as the Analects of Confucius, Shujing, Book of Rites, and many others."

    (Biroco April 14 2005)