Seven days is perhaps sufficient time to ponder on an oracle, even if it is an oracle on the phenomenon of dark forces. Yi studies and divinations mature over time as we continue to learn from the Book of Changes, other ancient books and classics; from holding discussions with likeminded fellows or with holy men/women or magicians.
In the previous entry on the oracle, one has hinted that when students and scholars are not ready to know about light and dark forces, how could they know? Probably this may explain why your interpretation of the oracle may differ from what is written below. And if the writing seems somewhat beyond what you can understand, it’s alright, just be aware that the Yi talks at different levels to diviners. That’s one of the reasons why the Book of Changes or Zhouyi is profound.
The question was put to the Zhouyi as a Buddha did not want to answer it since the answer involves heaven’s secrets. To maintain some privacy for my family, one would just publish the interpretation on the oracle and not detail what had actually transpired.
The question was, “Why did the dark forces wanted to harm my two children?” As stated in the entry on 25th February, Yi replied with a changing first line in Hexagram 31 Xian / Influence and a resultant Hexagram 49 Ge / Revolution:
Influence. Success. Perseverance furthers. To take a maiden to wife brings good fortune.
Commentary on the Decision
“Influence means stimulation. The weak is above, the strong below. The forces of the two stimulate and respond to each other, so that they unite.” “The holy man stimulates the hearts of men, and the world attains peace and rest. If we contemplate the outgoing stimulating influences, we can know the nature of heaven and earth and all beings.” [Book III W/B]
Six at the beginning means:
The influence shows itself in the big toe.
"A movement, before it is actually carried out, shows itself first in the toes. The idea of an influence is already present, but it is not immediately apparent to others. As long as the intention has no visible effect, it is of no importance to the outside world and leads neither to good nor to evil." [Book I W/B]
Revolution. On your own day you are believed. Supreme success, furthering through perseverance. Remorse disappears.
"The influences are in actual conflict, and the forces combat each other like fire and water, each trying to destroy the other. Hence the idea of revolution."
Thus the Junzi (a magician) sets the calendar in order and makes the seasons clear.
Commentary to the Image of Revolution:
"Fire below and the lake above combat and destroy each other. So too in the course of the year a combat takes place between the forces of light and the forces of darkness, eventuating in the revolution of the seasons." [W/B]
Interpretation of what the Zhouyi wanted to say and perhaps some information on where dark forces emerge from:
1) The trigrams of Xian / Influence, Gen and Dui represent a young boy and a young girl or my children.
2) “The holy man stimulates the hearts of men, and the world attains peace and rest.”
Read together with Gen indicating a Daoist practitioner, it probably refers to me. The Circulation of Light meditation attracts both light and dark forces.
3) “The weak is above and the strong is below. The forces stimulate and respond to each other, so that they unite.”
The weak indicates my children and the strong indicates the dark forces. Because they were weak, the dark forces could possess (unite with) them easily instead of coming for me.
4) “A movement, before it is actually carried out, shows itself first in the toes. The idea of an influence is already present, but it is not immediately apparent to others. As long as the intention has no visible effect, it is of no importance to the outside world and leads neither to good nor to evil.”
Emerging from the ground the dark force(s) first touch the toes.
5) Initially the dark force remains hidden within until it is time to surface, then there will be visible effects, if you know how to read the signs on the face of a human being possessed or aware of such phenomenon.
6) “The influences are in actual conflict, and the forces combat each other like fire and water, each trying to destroy the other.”
The dark forces did try to harm my children.
7) “So too in the course of the year a combat takes place between the forces of light and the forces of darkness, eventuating in the revolution of the seasons.”
However we have the help of holy men or magicians who regulate time and space. Therefore peace and rest reigns once again as the dark forces which emerged (in 1996 and 2006) were sent away.
8) Perhaps these dark forces came with the knowledge that the holy men can help send them to a place where they rest in peace instead of forever wandering.
Over to those who have made their own interpretation of this oracle on dark forces.